The Helio Web Platform was created to help developers make 3D content and spatialized web pages for MagicLeap devices.
You can spatialize existing web pages and make them 3D with the following features:
- Transparency - A meta-tag to specify transparency for any element on the page.
- Page Orientation - A JS function to rotate a page between vertical and horizontal
- Detached 3D CSS Transforms - Using 3D CSS transforms, position any element in 3D space including animations
- Environment Blending - a CSS media query to detect pass through displays like the MagicLeap One device.
Helio also supports immersive WebXR experiences:
- 3D favicons - Allows pages to specify 3D favicons in addition to 2D images.
- Prism Size - An api to get the dimensions of the prism
Helio Web API development requires the following:
- A Magic Leap device to view content
- Access to a web server
Note: If you don't have access to a public web server, you should install a web server such as Node.js, Python, or Apache on your computer. If you serve Prismatic content on a local web server, your Magic Leap device must connect to the same local area network.